Website Update - 4/23/2017

News & Reviews
MudMonster
Heavy Poster
XFire: mudm0nst3r
Steam: jdwake

Website Update - 4/23/2017

Postby MudMonster » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:07 pm

Website will be down some this weekend as I get it caught up with updates. I'll post an update once complete. I'll post on Facebook when I take it down.

Edit - I wasn't able to get this done this weekend, so the update is postponed to the 22nd.

war_mouth
Site Admin
XFire: ralphfazzio

Re: Website Update - 4/22/2017

Postby war_mouth » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:12 pm

I appreciate you taking care of this Jeff. :)
Together we are Legion

MudMonster
Heavy Poster

Re: Website Update - 4/23/2017

Postby MudMonster » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:44 am

Test
3 Quote Test

madchild
Site Admin
XFire: tsmadchild
Steam: madchild1

Postby madchild » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:46 am

looks good so far
Your local violent criminals work hard, and put their lives on the line every time they attept to murder, rape, abduct or assault a member of the citizenry. They desperately need your help. With your support, there may finally come a day when a violent criminal can have his way with you, or someone you love, without fear, anxiety and stress caused by knowing there’s a possibility his victim might be armed. Please show your support by voting for stronger anti-gun legislation.

MudMonster
Heavy Poster

Postby MudMonster » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:51 am

OK, so finished main updates this morning.

This get us to 3.1.10 PHPBB3 - 3.2 is out now though, but we'll stick with 3.1 for now since we use board3 portal. Once that is updated for 3.2 or another good alternative, we can look at making that update. I don't think it'll be as big of an update as 3.0 to 3.1 was.

Do we need Tapatalk anymore? I think they sent an announcement that it would require HTTPS, but maybe not? I think most mobile chat is done on whatsapp now though.

I might still need to tweak some colors with this new style, so let me know if you notice any funky colors that are hard to read in some areas. Also if you notice any other bugs.

madchild
Site Admin

Postby madchild » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:36 pm

I still use Tapatalk but I barely come to the forums...

Quotes need to be fixed, the white background and light blue text makes it unreadable
Your local violent criminals work hard, and put their lives on the line every time they attept to murder, rape, abduct or assault a member of the citizenry. They desperately need your help. With your support, there may finally come a day when a violent criminal can have his way with you, or someone you love, without fear, anxiety and stress caused by knowing there’s a possibility his victim might be armed. Please show your support by voting for stronger anti-gun legislation.

rossonius
Spammer
XFire: rossonius
Steam: rossiohead

Postby rossonius » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:37 pm

madchild wrote:I still use Tapatalk but I barely come to the forums...

Quotes need to be fixed, the white background and light blue text makes it unreadable

Also, your text was in yellow for me rather than the "standard" light blue. Is that intentional or did you get yellow text for being an admin or something weird?

Edit Mine is yellow too so I guess it's an admin thing? :P
"Ooh, what were the belly-dancers' cultural backgrounds? Were they Mongolian? Cause if they were, I bet they could do that from horseback.... from the age of four..." - UpperDeckers

"I don't want to shit on anyone's unrequited hopes, but I think turd-tinted glasses need to be worn without abandon in this instance." - Teabag

xgerminator
Occasional Visitor
Steam: xgerminator

Postby xgerminator » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:58 pm

All Hail the Gold Admins! :P

Do we still have a motto? IIRC that was below our previous banner.

rossonius
Spammer
XFire: rossonius
Steam: rossiohead

Postby rossonius » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:31 pm

xgerminator wrote:All Hail the Gold Admins! :P

Do we still have a motto? IIRC that was below our previous banner.

Ahh! Not an admin thing, it's a "New Post" thing! All new posts (since your last visit to the thread I assume) show up in yellow text. :)
"Ooh, what were the belly-dancers' cultural backgrounds? Were they Mongolian? Cause if they were, I bet they could do that from horseback.... from the age of four..." - UpperDeckers

"I don't want to shit on anyone's unrequited hopes, but I think turd-tinted glasses need to be worn without abandon in this instance." - Teabag

MudMonster
Heavy Poster

Postby MudMonster » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Yeah, that is a new thing. When making this style, I did set some stuff I was unsure of as yellow to be able to spot it. Missed that one. Is there a preference as to what color for new post? A slightly darker shade of light blue? Also, I fixed the quote color shortly after the update and catching that. At least a quick fix. Might tweak that color some more.

MailDeadDrop
Heavy Poster

Postby MailDeadDrop » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:44 am

I'll look into getting us an SSL cert. I'd prefer the site go wholly https just on general principle; that Tapatalk would be satisfied is just extra gravy.

MDD

madchild
Site Admin

Postby madchild » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:28 pm

MailDeadDrop wrote:I'll look into getting us an SSL cert. I'd prefer the site go wholly https just on general principle; that Tapatalk would be satisfied is just extra gravy.

MDD

THANK YOU RUSSELL!! I'd rather see us under a SSL cert too

madchild
Site Admin

Postby madchild » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:28 pm

MailDeadDrop wrote:I'll look into getting us an SSL cert. I'd prefer the site go wholly https just on general principle; that Tapatalk would be satisfied is just extra gravy.

MDD

THANK YOU RUSSELL!! I'd rather see us under a SSL cert too

Return to “News & Reviews”