Site Updates - 8/24/2012 - Update complete

News & Reviews
MailDeadDrop
Heavy Poster

Re: Site Updates - 8/24/2012 - Update complete

Postby MailDeadDrop » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:18 pm

MudMonster wrote:You can change that in Board Settings in your User Control Panel. I just changed the default in ACP but that will only apply to new members and guests. I changed the default custom choice from the drop down to be just the date so try that to see if that looks better for you. I can also just hide that from the style altogether if we don't care about joined dates.

IIRC, That affects all dates. I think the posting time is valuable (for current posts). I wouldn't want to remove that.

MDD

MailDeadDrop
Heavy Poster

Postby MailDeadDrop » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:21 pm

GAH! PMs style needs help.

MDD

MudMonster
Heavy Poster
XFire: mudm0nst3r
Steam: jdwake

Postby MudMonster » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:50 am

I made the PM section atleast readable. I plan to work on the control panel look and colors more later.

MudMonster
Heavy Poster

Postby MudMonster » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:52 am

MailDeadDrop wrote:
MudMonster wrote:You can change that in Board Settings in your User Control Panel. I just changed the default in ACP but that will only apply to new members and guests. I changed the default custom choice from the drop down to be just the date so try that to see if that looks better for you. I can also just hide that from the style altogether if we don't care about joined dates.

IIRC, That affects all dates. I think the posting time is valuable (for current posts). I wouldn't want to remove that.

MDD

I see. Didn't notice that at first. Hmm, I am not sure if I can modify it for just the post profile though. Should I just remove that from the post profile altogether?

MudMonster
Heavy Poster

Postby MudMonster » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:33 am

I have deleted all the language packs other than English and German. This should correct any weird issues people may have had. If you want any other languages added, make a request and it will be considered in next update of the site.

rossonius
Spammer
XFire: rossonius
Steam: rossiohead

Postby rossonius » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:43 pm

Is it possible to add a few links to the view we see when looking at a single thread? The links for viewing 'active topics' and 'new posts' appear when browsing the Board Index, but in the new layout they no longer appear when looking at a single thread, or when responding to a post. How easy is that to change?

The whole thing looks great by the way, and works wonderfully. Congrats and thanks for getting it all done so well, and so quickly!
"Ooh, what were the belly-dancers' cultural backgrounds? Were they Mongolian? Cause if they were, I bet they could do that from horseback.... from the age of four..." - UpperDeckers

"I don't want to shit on anyone's unrequited hopes, but I think turd-tinted glasses need to be worn without abandon in this instance." - Teabag

MudMonster
Heavy Poster

Postby MudMonster » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Yeah, those are both links I used all the time as well, so high on my list of things to add. It is not super easy to change, but I should be able to. Awhile back when working on one of the old demos I did for the site, I had added them next to "View your posts". That made that line kinda crowded though, so this time, I'll see how they look right above the breadcrumbs (Portal>Board Index>) if I can put them there. That will move the main body of the forums down further though which I'd prefer to avoid, but that is where they were in the old subsilver2 based style.

I might try sticking them on the Breadcrumb line itself to the right, right above FAQ, Members, Logout and to the left of the Font Size Changer. Does anyone even use the Font Size Changer? Might just remove that while I'm at it if I stick them there.

MudMonster
Heavy Poster

Postby MudMonster » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:06 am

I went ahead and moved those two next to View your posts. I left the View Unanswered and View Unread ones just on the Board Index as I don't think they are used as much and when people want them, they can access them there.

war_mouth
Site Admin
XFire: ralphfazzio

Postby war_mouth » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:07 pm

Nice work Jeff - navigation is much easier now!

Many thanks my man :)
Together we are Legion

teabag
Forum Whore

Postby teabag » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:25 pm

agreed - looks great and functions well. Thank you one million times happily!

Return to “News & Reviews”