Site Updates - 8/24/2012 - Update complete

News & Reviews
MudMonster
Heavy Poster
XFire: mudm0nst3r
Steam: jdwake

Site Updates - 8/24/2012 - Update complete

Postby MudMonster » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:24 pm

I will be updating the website tomorrow evening, Thursday 8/23. I do not expect the updates to take more than an hour. Not sure exact time, but probably around 7pm central. Site will be unavailable during the updates.

war_mouth
Site Admin
XFire: ralphfazzio

Re: Site Updates - 8/23/2012

Postby war_mouth » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:58 am

Thanks for the heads up Jeff. I spoke with Bill about his planned updates to the artwork and am looking forward to seeing what you guys do!
Together we are Legion

vanmetal
Forum Whore
Steam: vanmetal

Postby vanmetal » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:07 am

Fair warning: My expectations are high.

MudMonster
Heavy Poster

Postby MudMonster » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:02 pm

This will probably have to be postponed til tomorrow. Bill needed help with his computer, so I was out for a bit. I may get to it tonight, but have some other stuff I need to get done first.

war_mouth
Site Admin

Postby war_mouth » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:18 am

MudMonster wrote:This will probably have to be postponed til tomorrow. Bill needed help with his computer, so I was out for a bit. I may get to it tonight, but have some other stuff I need to get done first.

No worries Jeff. And don't let Paul's 'high expectations' scare you!
Together we are Legion

vanmetal
Forum Whore

Postby vanmetal » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:26 am

From what I have already seen, my expectations have been ably met.

Obviously, I expected that to happen.

TwitchCraft
Site Admin

Postby TwitchCraft » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Computer Jesus Jeff comes over to my apt. yet again and fixes my computer by a simple laying of hands.

I'm not joking either. This literally happened.

vanmetal
Forum Whore

Postby vanmetal » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:21 pm

HALLELUJAH!

teabag
Forum Whore

Postby teabag » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Did he shout "BE HEALED!!" with a crazzy look iin his eyeballs - then push your CRT monitor off onto the floor?

MailDeadDrop
Heavy Poster

Postby MailDeadDrop » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:17 pm

Phenom wrote:Computer Jesus Jeff comes over to my apt. yet again and fixes my computer by a simple laying of hands.

I'm not joking either. This literally happened.

Pffft. I've had computers be fixed just by entering the room. I will not hesitate to take them apart. They know it. They're scared.

MDD :ugeek:

MudMonster
Heavy Poster

Postby MudMonster » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Going to update site now. Shoudn't take too long. I'll post when finished. It may up off and on during the updates.

rossonius
Spammer
XFire: rossonius
Steam: rossiohead

Postby rossonius » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:55 pm

Holy HELL this is smexy. O_o

Well. Fracking. Done.
"Ooh, what were the belly-dancers' cultural backgrounds? Were they Mongolian? Cause if they were, I bet they could do that from horseback.... from the age of four..." - UpperDeckers

"I don't want to shit on anyone's unrequited hopes, but I think turd-tinted glasses need to be worn without abandon in this instance." - Teabag

MudMonster
Heavy Poster

Postby MudMonster » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:12 pm

Still working on it. For some reason, we have a shit ton of languages installed and I think that is breaking things like Edit post, etc not working.

EDIT - Why Dan!!! Why did you do this when installing the forums originally? :( Trying to fix it. If i set my default language to British English, everything loads correctly. See, most forums are set up with English and German. Maybe install language packs for Spanish, French, etc. None of this English (United States) and whatever the hell Bosanski, Galego, etc are. I mean who is going to speak that shit here? I think I can correct it, but this is making things take longer than I had anticipated.

MudMonster
Heavy Poster

Postby MudMonster » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:41 pm

Ok, I just copied the EN folder and made a EN_US one to correct it. As long as you guys have British English, English (United States), or German selected, everything should work correctly. I'm sorry I am not going to support 20+ languages. If you speak something like Brezhoneg, you are just going to have to live with not being able to edit your posts... In all seriousness though, do not select any of those funky languages as it will probably completely break the site for you. I have deleted those languages, so I am not sure why they are even still selectable. I'll try to clean up that mess better later.

Ok, so back to today's updates. What was done:
Forums updated to PHPBB 3.0.10
Board3 Portal updated to 2.0
Tapatalk updated to Mobiquo 3.3.1
New style installed - Let me know if you run into any weird coloring in places. I recolored original prosilver from scratch going from a dark text on light background to a light text on dark backgroun, so I may have missed some colors. Bill also said he wanted to tweak banner art some as well as the background tile, so those may change slightly.

smokedart
Light Poster
XFire: Smokedart

Re: Site Updates - 8/24/2012 - Update complete

Postby smokedart » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:10 am

The new look is very clean. Great work.

MailDeadDrop
Heavy Poster

Postby MailDeadDrop » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:00 am

Board avatar bounding box size seems to have changed. Many people's avatars are now too wide.

MDD

war_mouth
Site Admin

Postby war_mouth » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:31 am

I'm digging it very much. Thanks for all your efforts Jeff and Bill!!
Together we are Legion

MudMonster
Heavy Poster

Postby MudMonster » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:14 am

MailDeadDrop wrote:Board avatar bounding box size seems to have changed. Many people's avatars are now too wide.

MDD

Made the profile box a tad wider, so they should all fit now.

madchild
Site Admin
XFire: tsmadchild
Steam: madchild1

Postby madchild » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:30 am

MudMonster wrote:Still working on it. For some reason, we have a shit ton of languages installed and I think that is breaking things like Edit post, etc not working.

EDIT - Why Dan!!! Why did you do this when installing the forums originally? :( Trying to fix it. If i set my default language to British English, everything loads correctly. See, most forums are set up with English and German. Maybe install language packs for Spanish, French, etc. None of this English (United States) and whatever the hell Bosanski, Galego, etc are. I mean who is going to speak that shit here? I think I can correct it, but this is making things take longer than I had anticipated.

Dude.. Didn't know I just installed the package that I downloaded that included all the languages. Sorry
Your local violent criminals work hard, and put their lives on the line every time they attept to murder, rape, abduct or assault a member of the citizenry. They desperately need your help. With your support, there may finally come a day when a violent criminal can have his way with you, or someone you love, without fear, anxiety and stress caused by knowing there’s a possibility his victim might be armed. Please show your support by voting for stronger anti-gun legislation.

MailDeadDrop
Heavy Poster

Postby MailDeadDrop » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:15 pm

Can you easily tweak the formatting of the "Joined" date near the avatar? I don't think there's value in listing the time, and probably not the day of the week. If we can trim it enough, it won't wrap.

Edit: Looks like I found some of the magic incantation here:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/top_five/support/changing_the_date_format_(to_remove_the_time)-t_95443

But I've lost the info I used to have about getting to the guts of the machine. Can you PM me the details of how you're manipulating the guts (ftp or ssh or whatever) -- minus your login credentials of course.

MDD

MailDeadDrop
Heavy Poster

Postby MailDeadDrop » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:16 pm

MudMonster wrote:
MailDeadDrop wrote:Board avatar bounding box size seems to have changed. Many people's avatars are now too wide.

MDD

Made the profile box a tad wider, so they should all fit now.

Seems to be different with Chrome versus Firefox. Looks weird in former while ok in latter.

Edit: Adjusted the font size in Chrome. Dunno if I did it accidentally before.

MDD

MailDeadDrop
Heavy Poster

Postby MailDeadDrop » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:33 pm

And several avatars seem to have gone missing. Rossonius and smokedart for example.

MDD

rossonius
Spammer
XFire: rossonius
Steam: rossiohead

Postby rossonius » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:45 pm

I see my own, I don't see Smokedart's. I see some people's, not others. Similar kind of thing happened in the last forum upgrade, I think the fix then was for everyone to upload new versions of their avatar.
"Ooh, what were the belly-dancers' cultural backgrounds? Were they Mongolian? Cause if they were, I bet they could do that from horseback.... from the age of four..." - UpperDeckers

"I don't want to shit on anyone's unrequited hopes, but I think turd-tinted glasses need to be worn without abandon in this instance." - Teabag

MudMonster
Heavy Poster

Postby MudMonster » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:33 pm

MailDeadDrop wrote:Can you easily tweak the formatting of the "Joined" date near the avatar? I don't think there's value in listing the time, and probably not the day of the week. If we can trim it enough, it won't wrap.

Edit: Looks like I found some of the magic incantation here:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/top_five/support/changing_the_date_format_(to_remove_the_time)-t_95443

But I've lost the info I used to have about getting to the guts of the machine. Can you PM me the details of how you're manipulating the guts (ftp or ssh or whatever) -- minus your login credentials of course.

MDD

You can change that in Board Settings in your User Control Panel. I just changed the default in ACP but that will only apply to new members and guests. I changed the default custom choice from the drop down to be just the date so try that to see if that looks better for you. I can also just hide that from the style altogether if we don't care about joined dates.

As to how I'm manipulating stuff. I'm just modifying the .css files and then uploading via FTP.

MudMonster
Heavy Poster

Postby MudMonster » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:34 pm

madchild wrote:
MudMonster wrote:Still working on it. For some reason, we have a shit ton of languages installed and I think that is breaking things like Edit post, etc not working.

Dude.. Didn't know I just installed the package that I downloaded that included all the languages. Sorry

No problem. I was just frustrated last night. I didn't need to call you out on that as it wasn't your fault, so I am sorry.

Return to “News & Reviews”