News & Reviews
Johnny_Hard_On
Spammer
XFire: JohnnyHO
Steam: johnny_hard_on

Call of Duty Elite

Postby Johnny_Hard_On » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Call of Duty Elite service

Players will be able to sign up for a free social network that encapsulates the new game, last year's "Black Ops" and future "Call of Duty" games. They'll be able to create a profile that extensively tracks gameplay statistics for multiple "CoD" games across the various console platforms for which they're available.

Stat systems are typically maintained by console developers, like Microsoft and Sony, which means Xbox 360 gamers cannot rank themselves against PlayStation 3 players. The Elite service bridges that gap, although gamers still will not be able to play against someone using a different type of console.

Elite users will also be able to share videos or screen shots captured within the game and download "Call of Duty" stat-tracking applications to their smartphones or tablets. Microsoft and Bungie maintain a similar dedicated service for "Halo."

Subscribers will be served a new piece of content they can download each month and use to participate in competitions. The content will include new maps and gameplay modes.

All of this can be yours for a measly $50/year!

Zaintiraris
Spammer

Re: Call of Duty Elite

Postby Zaintiraris » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:27 pm

lol they don't read about other games much do they.
To hell with world of warships. It's just another MOBA but kind of cleverly disguised.

mcdoomington
Spammer
Steam: darkbob87

Postby mcdoomington » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:58 pm

...except Call of Duty Elite is free.

There IS a paid version that's $50 a year, but that includes all DLC for Modern Warfare 3. It's a great deal if COD is your poison of choice, because a year's worth of MW3 DLC would normally cost $60 on its own (four rounds of DLC per year x $15 a pop).

The free version has everything the paid version comes with except the DLC (which you can still buy a la carte, with or without Elite), and some select clan/team features (like leveling a clan up, I think).
tankmayvin wrote:What shit-talk? I like spreadsheets.

Smoov
Spammer
XFire: smooov
Steam: smoov163

Postby Smoov » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:57 pm

Great for COD and great for the kids. Way to be behind the times of the PC

Jun
Forum Virgin
Steam: junfan77

Postby Jun » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:04 pm

Smoov wrote:Great for COD and great for the kids. Way to be behind the times of the PC

You called it really, their main demographic is kids and *casual* players, even though many of the console guys can be pretty hardcore.

COD turned to consoles as lead platform basically from COD 3. I remember COD3 being a headline title for the PS3, arguably it started way back for COD 2, but PC was probably still lead platform.

I still blame console players for setting a $15 DLC precedent, fucking idiots.

Someone brought up a good point the other day, we'll probably see the quality of players increase in BF3 when MW3 comes out.

For the record though I love most of the COD games, I skipped Black Ops, but played all the rest.
BC2/BF3 - Van_el | SWTOR - Vanel | TWL - Jun_el | Steam - Junfan77 | MWO - Vanel

mcdoomington
Spammer
Steam: darkbob87

Postby mcdoomington » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:38 am

Jun wrote:COD turned to consoles as lead platform basically from COD 3. I remember COD3 being a headline title for the PS3, arguably it started way back for COD 2, but PC was probably still lead platform.

I would say that the PC was the lead/co-lead platform all the way through the original Modern Warfare. COD4 had a pretty strong competitive community on the PC, was easy to spectate, and it had mod tools. Call of Duty 3 hardly counts as it wasn't developed by Infinity Ward...it was a placeholder while COD4 was being built from the ground-up.
tankmayvin wrote:What shit-talk? I like spreadsheets.

hate
Light Poster
XFire: hate55

Postby hate » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:17 am

mcdoomington wrote:
Jun wrote:COD turned to consoles as lead platform basically from COD 3. I remember COD3 being a headline title for the PS3, arguably it started way back for COD 2, but PC was probably still lead platform.

I would say that the PC was the lead/co-lead platform all the way through the original Modern Warfare. COD4 had a pretty strong competitive community on the PC, was easy to spectate, and it had mod tools. Call of Duty 3 hardly counts as it wasn't developed by Infinity Ward...it was a placeholder while COD4 was being built from the ground-up.

Agree, cod/cod2/cod4:mw were all great pc games from a competitive standpoint and for the mod communities. The others were half arsed games that eventually led to console. I wish that IW would go back and make a cod game specifically for PC but that will never happen because of the popularity on console. Still may pick of mw3 for 360 b/c its a good change of pace

Return to “News & Reviews”