Battlefield 3: Fastest selling game in EA history

News & Reviews
Johnny_Hard_On
Spammer
XFire: JohnnyHO
Steam: johnny_hard_on

Battlefield 3: Fastest selling game in EA history

Postby Johnny_Hard_On » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:33 pm

EA and DICE announced today that Battlefield 3 has sold five million units in the first week globally, making it the fastest-selling game in EA's history

Electronic Arts Inc. today announced that based on internal estimates, Battlefield 3™ has sold through five million units in the first week globally, making it the fastest-selling game in EA's history. The outstanding retail performance is driven by critic's reviews averaging above 85 on console and above 90 on PC.* Word-of-mouth from gamers is also driving sales – Battlefield 3 now has more than 2.5 Million "likes" on Facebook®. Following the tradition of all games in this storied franchise; Battlefield 3 includes a superior multi-player experience. Consumers have logged-on in unprecedented numbers to team up and join the battle. Server stability was solid in the first weekend, delivering EA's highest-ever usage rates. While some players experienced intermittent disruption of online services due to high volume, internal estimates show that servers and service uptime stabilized to roughly 98.9% throughout the weekend, ensuring that players were connected and enjoying the game. With a commitment to support the game as a software service, EA is listening to consumer feedback and is making daily updates and improvements to ensure an optimal online experience for all.

hate
Light Poster
XFire: hate55

Re: Battlefield 3: Fastest selling game in EA history

Postby hate » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:58 pm

This game is aighttt :mrgreen: I actually really have enjoyed my first week playing, installing was a bit frustrating but after you get it going the game has played excellent. I just hope they continue to offer quality support to bf3 in the future and do not try to push out expansion packs on the regular.

war_mouth
Site Admin
XFire: ralphfazzio

Postby war_mouth » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:48 pm

I take exception to 98.9% uptime - must've been when we weren't on.

That said, after I got used to all the new stuff I really like the game a lot.
Together we are Legion

madchild
Site Admin
XFire: tsmadchild
Steam: madchild1

Postby madchild » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:58 pm

I enjoy the game immensely, and in my opinion is the best release for BF titles to date.

Every other title has either had waaay more issues at release, or hasnt had the end user support of the game (BC2)
Your local violent criminals work hard, and put their lives on the line every time they attept to murder, rape, abduct or assault a member of the citizenry. They desperately need your help. With your support, there may finally come a day when a violent criminal can have his way with you, or someone you love, without fear, anxiety and stress caused by knowing there’s a possibility his victim might be armed. Please show your support by voting for stronger anti-gun legislation.

goodshepherd
Occasional Visitor

Postby goodshepherd » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:44 am

According to the V.Games txt from Verizon I received on 11/13, U.S. sales of video game hardware, software and accessoreis rose 1% to $1.08 billion in Oct, helped by sales of "Battlefield 3".

Return to “News & Reviews”